300 million Americans actively use environmental knowledge to ensure the well-being of the earth and its people.
Survey highlights include:
- Six out of ten American adults take some sort of action when learning about the environmental issues facing the world.
- 61% of adults visited a park or nature center in the last 12 months.
- 52% of adults consider zoos, nature centers and parks as trustworthy sources of information for environmental problems and issues.
- 77% of adults turn the lights off when leaving a room.
- 9% of adults compost.
- 59% of adults consider an environmentally conscious lifestyle a lot of work.